Lascar Electronics, Inc. actively supports the advertising and promotion of its products by its domestic dealers, distributors, and sales representatives through materials provided by Lascar Electronics, Inc. Effective January 1, 2023 a NEW Minimom Advertised Price (MAP) will be in effect for our products.
We have implemented this MAP policy to preserve our strong brand reputation for providing customers with high-value products and valued after-sales support. We greatly appreciate the efforts of all resellers to distribute our products and support their customers.
The MAP policy shall work under the following guidelines:
- This policy applies only to all authorized U.S. and Canadian dealers, distributors, and sales representatives in connection with their advertisement of Lascar Electronics, Inc. products in the U.S. and Canada.
- The MAP for all Lascar Electronics, Inc. products shall be no less than the published list price provided in the Lascar Electronics, Inc. Retail Price Book.
- MAP pricing is established by Lascar Electronics, Inc. and may be adjusted by Lascar Electronics, Inc. at its sole discretion.
- The MAP policy applies to all advertisements of Lascar Electronics, Inc. products in any and all media, including, but not limited to, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, email newsletters, email solicitations,
- Internet or similar electronic media, television, radio, and public signage.
- The MAP policy is not applicable to any in-store advertising that is displayed only in the store and not specifically distributed to any customer(s).
- The inclusion in the advertising of a product covered by the MAP policy of free or discounted products (whether made by Lascar Electronics, Inc. or another manufacturer) would be contrary to the policy if it has the effect of discounting the advertised price of the covered product below the MAP.
- If pricing is displayed, any strike-through or other alteration of the MAP is prohibited. MAP applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which the products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual consumer within the dealer’s retail location or over the telephone.
- Lascar Electronics, Inc. dealers, distributors and sales representatives remain free to sell these products at any price they choose.
- MAP does not establish maximum advertised prices. All dealers and sales representatives may advertise Lascar Electronics, Inc. products at any price in excess of the MAP in their sole discretion.
- Internet auctions may not display or have reserved bid or other acceptable prices below the MAP price.
- You may not use an alternative company/trading name to advertise our products less than MAP Lascar Electronics, Inc.’s MAP policy does not in any way limit the ability of any dealer to advertise that “they have the lowest prices” or, they “will meet or beat any competitor’s price”, that consumers should “call for a price” or phrases of similar import as long as the price advertised or listed for the products is not less than MAP.
- Intentional or repeated failure to abide by this policy will result in the termination of dealership, distributorship, or sales representatives.
- Lascar Electronics, Inc. does not intend to do business with dealers, distributors, or sales representatives who degrade the image of Lascar Electronics, Inc. and its products.
- Lascar Electronics, Inc. is not obligated to provide prior notice or issue warnings before taking any action under this policy.
This MAP policy has been established by Lascar Electronics, Inc. to help ensure the strong legacy of Lascar Electronics, Inc. as a top producer of Data loggers. The MAP policy is also designed to ensure dealers, distributors, and sales representatives have the incentive to invest resources into services for Lascar Electronics, Inc. customers and to compete effectively against third-party products in this highly competitive marketplace.
Issue 0.4 Nov 7 2022
For a written version of this policy, please click here.